The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

IntelliSense within Alteryx

I think we would all benefit from having IntelliSense within Alteryx. Just think about how much quicker writing formulas wold be or any time you need to reference your data within the various tools.

18 Comments
Di2g10
7 - Meteor
SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Intellisense would be one approach, and another would be to have a function builder (with rich information & descriptions) similar to the query-builder took which walks you through assembling a function, including all the magic-values needed for each input

BenG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Implemented

Di2g10
7 - Meteor

Love The new Formula Tool makes life so much easier and quicker to read/write formulas

However i am now constantly disappointed when having to write formulas in the other tools.

It is supprising to me that you have the program setup in such a way that different tools can even have a different formula entry interface. When are you going to change the other relevant tools?

RachelW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@Di2g10 Thanks so much for the question. I can totally relate. After using the new Formula tool, whenever I use another tool that has an expression editor, I long for the improvements that we've made the the Formula tool. The good news is that we'll be working on more tools. Filter is next. As we're updating these tools, we're rewriting them in HTML, which will make it much easier in the future to push updates across tools with a similar design, so you'll have a more consistent experience across the tools. 

Thanks again for your feedback! 

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Thank you @Di2g10- agree that this is a duplicate, and much of this has been delivered in latest version of Alteryx.

Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

@KylieF As @SeanAdams & @Di2g10 suggest this is a duplicate and has been pretty much fully implemented over the past few years.

brandowd
8 - Asteroid

It would be useful to implement the similar intelliSense in tools that have expressions such as Multi-Row formula, Multi-Field formula, Dynamic Rename...etc so they can display the variables/functions.