Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Input Data not showing text properly(Korean)

JunePark
8 - Asteroid

Hi, 

I'm trying to read some data which is in Korean.

I have two similar txt files which I've received from my client.

In the first capture, the text is shown properly, But the second doesn't.

JunePark_0-1581668879460.png

JunePark_1-1581668924134.png

When I open the txt file, both shows the text properly.

I haven't have had this problem before, and I'm not a technician and don't have a clue on what unicodes are and so on.

I'll attach the first N Rows saved as a txt file. (exported)

Can anyone help me out??

Thank you for reading, and hope you all have a wonderful day.

7 REPLIES 7
RithiS
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @JunePark,

For KT_LINE_DESCRIPTION.txt, what is the Code Page (row 11 under Options)? It might be different than KT_HEADER_DESCRIPTION.txt.

JunePark
8 - Asteroid

Thank you for your answer.

Unfortunately, they're both the same(ISO 8859-1 Latin I).

RithiS
Alteryx
Alteryx

Refer to this great Knowledge Base article on Inputting Data in Chinese, Japanese and Korean Characters.

It may depend on how the file is saved and with what encoding. You may also try using the ConvertFromCodePage function in the Formula and Multi-Field Formula tools. I was able to get it showing correctly with the function ConvertFromCodePage([Document Header Text], 10003), which is attached for your review.

JunePark
8 - Asteroid

Thank you so much.

I'm occasionally having issues related to my language, and the article and your solution is a great leap.

Thanks again!

mutama
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @JunePark ,

We are pleased to inform you that with the latest release of Alteryx 2020.3, one of the new features which has been included is the inclusion of Korean Code Page 949 which has been added to the Input Data tool

This configuration should help solve your issue in reading Korean Hangeul characters properly 🙂

For more info regarding newly-released features in the latest version of Alteryx, please follow the What's New Help Page here: https://help.alteryx.com/current/designer/whats-new

Best,

Michael Utama

JunePark
8 - Asteroid

@mutama

Thanks for informing.

I've updated to the 2020.3 version, and didn't know.

Thanks again!

June

mutama
Alteryx
Alteryx

Great to be of help, @JunePark !

If this solution is satisfactory, do remember to mark the "Accept As Solution" button so that other users who may be facing a similar issue may also refer to the validated solution 🙂

Thank you again!

Best,

Michael

Labels