Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Input Data Tool

cstafford
8 - Asteroid

Is there a way within the Input Data tool to grab the most current version of file I am connecting to? The file I am connecting to is updated once a week and the filename has the date included, so the filename changes every week.

filename_2020-06-22.csv

filename_2020-06-15.csv

filename_2020-06-08.csv

I could write another file and call it filename_TODAY.csv but I was curious if the above request was possible.

4 REPLIES 4
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @cstafford ,

Yes, you can do that by using the directory + dynamic input tool. I'm attaching here an example where we can also open dynamic sheets inside all excel files. The idea is pretty much the same

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

smoskowitz
12 - Quasar

You can use the directory tool to look at the list of files and then the sample tool to take the most recent file, Make sure you select the first N rows and change the N= to 1. Group by Date Created.

PhilippK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @cstafford 

yes this is possible - here is a great official Knowledge Base article:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/How-to-dynamically-run-the-most-rec...

Best regards

Phil

cstafford
8 - Asteroid

Thank you.

Labels