Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Increase amount passed to Dynamic Input

Currently there is a maximum amount that can be passed into the Dynamic Input, 1MB. I often hit this limit and it is infuriating.  If this was upped to 5MB that would solve a lot of my issues, but 50MB would be AMAZING.

Thoughts?

-Nick

4 Comments
Joe_Mako
12 - Quasar

What do you mean by "maximum amount that can be passed into"? Can you provide an example situation where a limit is being hit?

Nick_Yarbrough
8 - Asteroid

Hey Joe,

Thanks for reaching out. I work for a VERY large company and can pass anywhere up to 20million values into a dynamic input, this obviously hits that 1MB limit. Its not often, but when i do it all breaks, this was more of a quick question of how hard would it be to up that by a MB or two.

-Nick

Joe_Mako
12 - Quasar

We can replicate the Dynamic Input tool with a Macro to add capabilities. I would be happy to help you construct a macro, for your situation. You are welcome to email me joe@joemako.com and we can setup a screen sharing session to walk through the process.

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes