Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

If else conditions

Feras95p
8 - Asteroid

Dear all,

I have a problem with (else if) when I apply it in the formula,I have as the input file an excel file which contains a column titled by Name and I have several names in this column. I'm applying a formula so that if the name is Sam create a new column by name Sam and put 1 , if the name is Adam do the same and if the name is Adam Sam do the same only put 1 in the column of Adam Sam not other two columns, so any idea on how I can do that?

Thanks in advance for your kind support.

4 REPLIES 4
RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @Feras95p ,

I think, you have to use a different approach. CONTAINS will return "1" for each entry ("Sam" and "Sam Adam" / "Adam" and "Sam Adam"). What about using IF/ELSEIF/ELSE to create a Header/Value pair and the Crosstab tool to move these pairs to rows? Sound confusing, I've attached a sample workflow. Hope it is helpful.

Best,

Roland

echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I believe the functionality you're looking for can be achieved with a cross-tab tool. 

I'd add a formula tool just to set a value of 1, so when you use the cross-tab tool you can get a count of each name instance with the aggregation.

echuong1_0-1583763462897.png

Feras95p
8 - Asteroid

Thanks a lot I really appropriate your efforts.  

Feras95p
8 - Asteroid

Thanks

Labels