Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

IF function in filters

vvissamsetty
8 - Asteroid

I have two formulas which I wish to use as a single filter instead of creating two filters. The only difference between two formulas is that give that all of the before conditions are met I wish to have numbers greater than zero and number lesser than zero in the highlighted column as two different sets. Will I be able to do that? 

1)  IF [1256 (Y/N)] = "Y" && [MTM] = "Y" && [988(a)(1)(B)] = Null() && [988(c)(1)(D)] = Null() && [Tax 1256 G/L] > 0

THEN [Tax 1256 G/L]

2)  IF [1256 (Y/N)] = "Y" && [MTM] = "Y" && [988(a)(1)(B)] = Null() && [988(c)(1)(D)] = Null() && [Tax 1256 G/L] < 0

THEN [Tax 1256 G/L]

2 REPLIES 2
Avinash_K
8 - Asteroid

If you had a >= in the first condition then you could use the "True"  output meeting the first criteria and the "False" output to meet your second criteria .

If you are not having any Zero's , then using one criteria in filter would help .

However if you totally want to ignore the zero and get less then and greater then values , then i don't think you can achieve this using one filter .

vvissamsetty
8 - Asteroid

I wish to get rid of the zeroes. Thanks Avinash, that was helpful.

Labels