Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

I want to retain multiple records, but the records duplicate on one field

nordmaeo
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I have a data set that has a unique identifier for members, then I have measures associated with each member that can range from 1-20 rows. I also have a field that says which "group" a member can belong to. There are only two groups. However some members can belong to both. This is where all my records are duplicating. How do I filter out the extra records by identifying these members?

3 REPLIES 3
AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi! could you provide us a sample of your dataset to look at and suggest an approach? Unique tool or Summarize tools are often used to remove duplicates.

Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @nordmaeo,

It's a little difficult to know exactly what you're looking for without a little more information but I've given it a go, summarising my input table to concatenate the groups for each Unique Identifier and Measure pair to ensure one line per scenario.

My input:

Jonathan-Sherman_1-1589493305712.png

My Output:

Jonathan-Sherman_0-1589493286679.png

If this solves your issue please mark the answer as correct, if not let me know! I've attached my workflow for you to download if needed.

Regards,

Jonathan

Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Or perhaps a unique tool if you want to keep only the first group per Unique Identifier and Measure pair:

Jonathan-Sherman_0-1589493544507.png

If this solves your issue please mark the answer as correct, if not let me know! I've attached my workflow for you to download if needed.

Regards,

Jonathan

Labels