Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

I am stuck on a tricky Pivot

Jtunner
7 - Meteor

Hello!

I have attached a demo table for product inspections.  The inspection dates are used as headers, and if an inspection was performed on that date, the inspector's name is in that date column.  I need help fixing this.

Thank you in advance!

Jonathan 

7 REPLIES 7
LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Hey @Jtunner 

Have you tried the transpose tool?

Group on Product, Supplier, Customer, Status & Ship Date

neilgallen
12 - Quasar
In situations like this it’s best to show what your desired output would be. That’s the best way to know how to help.
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Jtunner do you have an example of the format you are trying to achieve? I mocked up something assuming you want dates in a vertical format rather than horizontal.Pivot.JPG

Jtunner
7 - Meteor

I have, I am just get stuck pretty easily.  Big learning curve for me.  Thank you!

Jtunner
7 - Meteor

Basically, I am trying to makes the dates vertical, and determine who checked what on which date.

Jtunner
7 - Meteor

JS420,

That is what I am going for.  I assume once that is done, we would get rid of the null values so that we can save space?

Jonathan

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Jtunner have updated the flow to remove the nulls. If you found this post useful could you mark it as solved please?Pivot.JPG

Labels