Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to use rounding off formula

NehaNevrekar
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

Please help me to use the rounding off formula in the existing formula as below: 

1. If ([taxable amount] *(5/100)) = [VAT amount] then "No issues" else "Please explain the difference in the tax amount" endif
  2. If [taxable amount] / [VAT amount] = 5.00 Or If [taxable amount] / [tax amount] = "5.00%" then "No Issues" else "Please explain whether this is PMS sale. If no then please explain the nature of transaction" endif

In the first formula I want the result of the multiplication to be rounded off upto 2 decimals and in the second formula i want the result of the division to be rounded off upto 2 decimals.

Also you can correct me in case if i have formulated it wrongly in the above formula according to the data provided. I just want to cross check the Tax amount amount and the rate of rate. It should be "5.00%"

Also attaching the data for your reference.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Neha

4 REPLIES 4
PhilippK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @NehaNevrekar ,

you need the Round function, e.g.:

Round([VAT amount],0.01)

0.01 to indicate the 2 decimals.

Please find the solution attached.

Best regards

Phil

PhilippK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @NehaNevrekar ,

did it work out for you?

Your feedback is appreciated as other community members and people who google a similar problem would find the solution here.

Thank you and best regards
Phil

NehaNevrekar
8 - Asteroid

Hi Philip,

Thanks for the solution. It worked for me. I had to tweek the formula a bit as it depends on the data as well. But the formula was helpful for other database.

Cheers!!

Regards,

Neha

PhilippK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

very nice! 🙂

Labels