Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to split one column of data into several records having multiple variables.

SBerube
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I'll start by saying that this is my first post, and I hope I'll do a good job at explaining my problem precisely. Also, I did looked in the community, but didn't find exactly what I am looking for.

I'm extracting data from a website, have I'm having problems processing it to create a data table. So far I managed to extract one column which contains all my data (hundreds of rows). Each data record has a data followed by 11 variables. So row 1 =  record 1 (or date 1), row 2 = record 1 and var 1... row 13 = record 2 (or date 2), row 14 = record 2 var 2, etc.

At the end I'd like to have the field "date" and the 11 variables in columns and as many records as I have rows. Attached is an Excel file which replicates the data structure, but you'll understand that in the real scenario data comes from a "download" web connector.

Thank you fro your help.

Thank you

11 REPLIES 11
leorose
5 - Atom

Hi Nick,

Love the solution! In my particular instance, each grouping of data decreases by 1 row (for example, the first grouping has 125 records, the second has 124 etc) How can I bake that into the multi-row formulas?

PARESH
7 - Meteor

I have similar issue but the number of records are not constant for grouping, can you please advise how do I segregate records after every "Yes", screenshot attached.Screenshot.png

Labels