Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to save multiple layouts in the same Excel file as different tabs

clm00fm
5 - Atom

Hello,

I'm trying to create a Excel file with multiple tabs. I used Render because I needed to save the file name appended by a field (current date). My current method (as shown below), saving the layout in step 2 would overwrite the file I saved in step 1, but I was hoping it would add another tab inside the same file instead. 

Capture.PNG

Does anyone know how to overcome this problem? Your help is greatly appreciated!

Sincerely,

Lucas

3 REPLIES 3
brindhan
9 - Comet

Hi @clm00fm 

Using a single render tool will ensure that the file does not get overwritten.

Attached is a sample solution.

Also, this might help:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Knowledge-Base/How-Do-I-Name-Excel-Tabs-When-Creating-Repor...

Cheers!

Brindha

clm00fm
5 - Atom

Hi @brindhan

Thanks for your solution! It really helps. Do you know if it's possible to hide the 'Fied1'/'tab' column in the render report or in order to group them we have to leave them in the output? For example, I'm grouping using the current date, so the tab will be name '1-29-2019', then there's no need to have a current date column in my table. Any thoughts? Thank you!

Sincerely,

Lucas

jarrod
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

@clm00fm i believe you are referring to a field in a table, correct? you should be able to just deselect the field either in the table tool or a select before rendering if it is causing an issue.

Labels