Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to replace field values from a column with values from a different column

spro
5 - Atom

I’m very new to Alteryx so I hope this makes sense.

I use an Excel file as my Input Data for my workflow and I need to rename values in the [Account] column with values in a [Parent Account] column.

My workflow is good but I received a new requirement. I need to rollup Account data to it’s Parent Account but only for certain Account records.

Not every [Account] has a [Parent Account]. And, I only need about a dozen [Parent Account] names copied/replaced in the [Account] field.

Examples:

If [Parent Account] is  'Master Store3' THEN copy value that's in [Parent Account] to [Account].

If [Parent Account] is  'Master Corp 2' THEN copy value that's in [Parent Account] to [Account].

I attached an example of my excel file.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
DavidxL
9 - Comet

You can use the Formula tool to replace the contents of one column with those of another.

See the attached workflow for an example.

ddiesel
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Welcome to the community @spro!

@DavidxL's solution looks good. 

Just thought I'd tag on that this article by @AndrewL that was helpful to me when I was getting started:

Join vs Union

spro
5 - Atom
Hi @davidxl, your solution is total awesomeness!!! I applied it to my workflow and now my report is complete! Thank you so much!!!!
Labels