Alteryx Designer

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

How to 'recover' results screen when going from dual monitor setup to remote desktop

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

I recently lost my Results window when connecting to my machine via remote desktop on a single monitor. Normally I use two monitors and the results window lives over on the second monitor. When connecting to the same machine via a single monitor remote desktop session, I was unable to retrieve the results window.

In future, how should I reset the windows to get the Results back? I was unable to demo my results and it was quite embarrassing. Thanks

Highlighted
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I believe that can be resolved by Options>User Settings>Restore Defaults

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

Great suggestion - I will use that trick next time. Thanks!

Highlighted
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

I've been having similar issues with my multi-monitor setup.

While @RodL's suggestion certainly brings back the 'missing' windows, it also drops all of the other customizations to the interface -- frustrating!!

I also find that if I have my configuration on the second monitor, I have to click "Run" twice for it to work -- as if the parts on the second monitor are being treated as a separate program...

I'd be interested to hear if others are having issues with multi-monitor usage of Alteryx.

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

I agree. Compared to other applications, the docking behaviour on multiple screens doesn't quite feel as reliable as it should. For example, you can't fully fill the second monitor with your results screen. You can get close, but you can't fully maximise the window.

Most applications recognise when you switch from a multi display set up to a single one, and it would be nice if Alteryx did the same

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

I have been experiencing this issue more and more as I juggle working from different places.

Options>User Settings>Restore Defaults is actually quite destructive. Could we please have a better way to recover a results window that ends up in no man's land please?

Remembering to bring my results window back from the external monitor is not easy, and it shouldn't be this way.

Thanks

Highlighted
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Glad to see this topic popping up again!

I wonder if anyone using version 11 can comment on the dual screen experience as I'm still working with 10.6.

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

I'm on 11.5.1 and it's the same as before unfortunately

Highlighted
Alteryx Certified Partner

I agree with the preceding posts. The problem is still present with the last version.

I do not think that the post should be marked as solved. Setting back to default is a trivial but not satisfactory solution for the reasons mentioned above.

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

Good point @SiriusFran, I have unmarked the previous solution as although technically it achieved what we needed, it was also highly destructive because it wiped out other important settings. I agree that this still needs to be fixed. Where else should we post it?

Labels