Alteryx Designer

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Register for the upcoming Live Community Q&A Session - and don't forget to submit your questions for @DeanS regarding the future role of analytics here.

How to output one excel file from two excel files

Highlighted
5 - Atom

Hi everyone,

I need some help, I want to create an output excel, with two other files that are completed. The fact is:

a) Rows (ID Code) must keep the original order 

b) Columns must keep same header name (in order)

Blue columns shouldn´t change, only the whites. The final output should be the same excel file, but filled with information from original 2 (excel 1 and excel 2), with no change in blue columns. 

How should be the process?

Example bellow:

ExampleExample

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

You can just do a union of the 2 excel sheets to get the output file as required.

Or you can just use the input tool with name satisfying both the report names, the output of the tool will automatically have the union from both the files.

Highlighted
5 - Atom

By doing that, the problem I have it give me duplicates ID Code, in this case instead have 6 filled columns I have 12 colums. Any idea on how could I output this data with no duplicates?

Highlighted
5 - Atom

Sorry, 12 rows, no columns 

Highlighted
5 - Atom

Good afternoon Ignacio,

I think that what you are trying to do is to merge two columns. The join procedure does not merge the columns but puts one besides the other instead.

The solution might be to insert a formula module and create a new field with a formula like the following: If [Field1] = '' then [Field2] else [Field1] endif

Hope it helps

Best

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

from the 12 rows, you can just filter out the rows with blanks..

Labels