Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to find the R Tool?

GavinOB
6 - Meteoroid

I'm new to Alteryx and trying to find the R Tool, which according to the documentation should be in the Developer tool category. However, I don't see it listed there or when I do a tool search. I've installed the Predictive Analytics Starter Kit. I'm running Alteryx Admin Designer x64
Version: 2018.1.4.44311. Thanks for any help.

developer.png

3 REPLIES 3
Inactive User
Not applicable

Double check the tool palette selection to verify it is selected, it may have been accidentally un-selected from your palette.

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus
My first suggestion with this would be that you havnt installed the predictive tools, but you say you have in your post. If you go to both the options menu at the top, and the help menu, can you confirm that there is no option to ‘downlod predictive tools’. Another check would be how many tools exist in the ‘predictive tool group’; if its just a few then again it suggets an installation process.

Alternatively, where i go to search for all the tools i want to use, look in the top right ans use the global search. You should be able to find it extremely quixkly via this if it is indeed installed.

Ben
GavinOB
6 - Meteoroid

Ah, the "Download Predictive Tools" is still showing up in the menu. I think I actually installed the Predictive Analytics Starter Kit since I didn't see the Predictive Tools as a download option. I didn't realize I had to click on Alteryx Designer to see the individual download options. Thank you!

Labels