Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to catch the title of column?

Krasus
8 - Asteroid

I was wondering if there is any way to catch the title of the column? For example, i have a table with 1 column named "number", and i need to get the word "number".

In fact, i am trying to realize a tiny project in which i have only 1 input but 2 types of file(A and B). One of columns in file A named "A", and the same one in file B named "B". My objective is to have a solution, which will firstly check the input file A or B, run the file with "macro A" if file A found, and run the file with "macro B" if file B found. That's why i wanna catch the title of column to do the judgement by a "filter tool"

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
RodL
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

The Field Info tool (in the Developer category) might help you out with this. It returns the column names, data types, length, etc. on the data. It will be easier if you know that the column you are looking to test is the same column in both files, but you could easily select the record for that column (using Select Records) and then append that value back to your data flow.

A subsequent filter would route your data depending on the value of that column name.

Labels