Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to add a unique URL in each line of the Table reporting tool

markthor123
6 - Meteoroid

I am using the reporting tool to generate user-specific reports which are emailed to each person.  I want to include a URL in each line of the table.  How can I do this?  I know it is possible using the Report Text tool but cannot see a way to do it with the Table tool.

Report_Table_URL.png

7 REPLIES 7
NicoleJohnson
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Try the Text tool in the Reporting suite!

1. Create a field that contains your URL for each record that will appear in the table (by concatenating the base link address with whatever the unique identifier is that will point the URL to the specific file for that user)

2. Insert the Text tool before your table, and choose the first option to create a new field for the text

3. In the body section choose the hyperlink icon. Select the field containing what you want the link to appear as in your table (Site Name, for example) for the "Text to Display" option, and then choose the URL field for the "Address" option.

4. In your Table tool, deselect the field that shows just the Site Name and use your new Text field instead. Each record will then contain a hyperlink to the unique address tied to that record.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you need a little more tweaking! :)

NJ

markthor123
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you, Nicole, for your quick response!  That was simple to implement and does exactly what I was trying to do.

biersackj
5 - Atom

Hi, thanks for example on how to turn text to link. Quick follow-up, how would I extend this to have the hyperlink open in a new tab or window?

Thanks!

gemuelle
5 - Atom

This works, but it keeps adding a '25' to my URL when it exports to a table, is there anyway to get rid of this so the URL works? 

markthor123
6 - Meteoroid

@gemuelle,

Where is it adding the 25?   In my workflow, it was replacing all instances of the pound sign (#) with "%23" but that caused the URL to break.  I used a RegEx tool to replace it so the URL works again.

Alteryx URL Image.jpg

gemuelle
5 - Atom

@markthor123

alteryx.PNG

See the picture above, I highlighted where it's adding the 25. 

AlRoBo
5 - Atom

In the Report Text tool, select Expert Mode: Treat text as Raw PCXML to prevent HTML encoding of symbols like % or # in a URL.

This thread helped me set it up correctly in my workflow.

Labels