Alteryx Designer

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Register for the upcoming Live Community Q&A Session - and don't forget to submit your questions for @DeanS regarding the future role of analytics here.

How can I create an excel output with line spacing between columns?

Highlighted
9 - Comet

Hi,

I'm trying to render an xlsx output with multiple tables, where I need each table to be arranged horizontally with a line spacing between them. I was unable to do this on "Horizontal layout" as it does not create a spacing between tables.

Please help.

Attached is an example.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Alteryx Certified Partner

Comment removed, just saw you wanted horizontal not vertical. 

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

Would it work if you append an empty row to the end of the table to act as the space?

Highlighted

The only thing I can think of is to add an empty column but the header would have to have some value in (and I don't think, may be wrong, it can be a space).

Ben

Highlighted
9 - Comet

Thanks @BenMoss @MichalK 

I could do that, the issue being that its not dynamic(Eg, as the months in a year keep increasing, so will the number of tables)

i.e. if I have multiple dynamic number of tables that need to be put together horizontally, I cannot add a column.

Maybe I need to consider building a macro..

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

Macro might be a solution.

But if your workflow already creates tables dynamically, you should be able to squeeze the extra column part in there. For example, create the 'Text Input' with that empty column and then use 'Append' to add it to all the tables that were generated?

Labels