Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Knowledge Base

Definitive answers from Designer Desktop experts.

How To: Export the Interactive View from Predictive Tools

PeterS
Alteryx
Alteryx
Created

A number of thePredictive tools have Interactive Visualizations. A Predictive tool will have this capability if you see an output anchor with the letter ‘I’ (for "Interactive").

anchor.png

They look something like this, pretty cool, eh?

example.gif

You can export this by passing the Interactive output would need to go into a Layout tool and then a Render tool that saves out to an HTML file. The workflow would look something like this:

example workflow.png

An example of the above workflow is attached.

Attachments
Comments
CristonS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Great article, @PeterS!  The Composer files (*.pcxml) also preserve the interactivity.

Garrett
11 - Bolide

Very cool Peter and Criston, but I'm having some problems getting this to work on my Gallery. As soon as the PCXML preview appears Windows Security starts demanding credentials. No combo of domain/username/password is acceptable.

When I swap in HTM for the PCXML I don't even get that far.  The app just errors:

The job Interactive Output from Predictive Tools did not complete successfully and resulted in the following errors:

• There was an unknown error executing the application. The engine reported status Error

Any ideas?

CristonS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Garrett, did you change the output filepath to someplace local to your Gallery? 

Garrett
11 - Bolide

No specific filepath. I'm just leaving the path relative to the workflow.

DultonM
11 - Bolide

Solution to @Garrett's initial question here!