Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Help on Analytic App - File Browse Input

mlu2422
7 - Meteor

Hi Community,

The workflow that I created has multiple input files in it, but one file is optional depending on the period that it will be ran. I made the workflow into an app and added the file browse and action (unselected the "Required" box) interface tools to be connected with the input file (see screenshots below). 

During test run, I found that even though the file were not selected on the analytic app questions window, input file was still being read from the workflow where I had an old file from the previous period (see below for input file data file path). Is there any way to not include the old data in by simply not selecting a file for the current period when prompted? Let me know what I'm doing wrong here. 

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
MichalM
Alteryx
Alteryx

@mlu2422 

You could add the optional input into a tool container and use a check box to enable/disable it. This way the use will only be prompted for the input if used and it will be disabled otherwise.

container-check.png

IF [#1] = 'TRUE' THEN 'FALSE' ELSE 'TRUE' ENDIF

Make sure you select Collapse Group When Deselected option for the Checkbox and nest the File Browse within the Checkbox element via the Interface tools. This way users will only see the File Browse when the check box is selected.

collapse.png

unchecked.png

checked.png

Michal

Labels