Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Help downloading from this website

craigja
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I want to download the XML data in this URL, I thought I could just use the URL as the source for the download tool but it does not quite work...

https://registers.esma.europa.eu/solr/esma_registers_upreg/select?q=%7B!join+from%3Did+to%3D_root_%7...

Cheers

6 REPLIES 6
LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Hey @craigja 

You need to untick the following:

Capture.JPG

The standard response is JSON but if you did want xml you can use this URL:

https://registers.esma.europa.eu/solr/esma_registers_upreg/select?q=%7B!join+from%3Did+to%3D_root_%7...

craigja
8 - Asteroid

That never worked for me, still just seemed to download a header or something, not the full XML

craigja
8 - Asteroid

This is all I get in downloaded data:

{
"responseHeader":{
"status":0,
"QTime":77,
"params":{
"q":["{!join from=id to=_root_}ae_entityTypeCode:MIS",
"%7B!join+from%3Did+to%3D_root_%7Dae_entityTypeCode%3AMIS"],
"indent":"true",
"fq":["(type_s:parent)(entity_type:aeActivity)(entity_type:aeActivityHistory)",
"(type_s%3Aparent)(entity_type%3AaeActivity)(entity_type%3AaeActivityHistory)"],
"rows":["1000",
"1000"],
"wt":["json",
"xml"]}},
"response":{"numFound":0,"start":0,"docs":[]
}}

markcurry
12 - Quasar

Hi @craigja , you'll get the output you have unless you untick the 'Encode URL Text' option like @LordNeilLord  mentioned.  See attached workflow...

craigja
8 - Asteroid

Thanks folks, not sure what I was doing wrong, my workflow looked the same but I just had a browse after the download tool, do I need the other tools to be able to view the initial full data?

markcurry
12 - Quasar

Hi @craigja , you’re right you just need the Download and JSON Parse tools, the others just make it easier to see what you’ve downloaded, so you can remove them

Labels