Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Headers in multiple rows and clean up on date fields

CH217
5 - Atom

Hello

I am having difficulty establishing the correct structure on an excel file as the headers are in multiple rows and more than one headers are in one column etc.  I will show the current input:

I would like to have data highlighted in yellow turned into columns and output like so:

Capture.PNG

Basically adding Customer name and invoice currency as headers at beginning of table and concatenate the word quantity to each month.

Capture. PNG.PNG

I appreciate any guidance or even a sample file of something similar to help with a solution. I have attached the input data as tabs Customer x, y etc and desired format is tab 'Consolidated Customer Data'.

Thank you 🙂

4 REPLIES 4
benakesh
12 - Quasar

Hi @CH217 ,

Can you share  sample  data  ?   It is  easier  to provide  working  solution  than explaining  how to  .

CH217
5 - Atom

Hi @benakesh 

Thank you for your response 🙂 I have attached a the sample input file. Tabs with Customer X, Customer y etc are the inputs and tab 'Consolidated Customer Data' is the desired structure. Thank you for taking the time to investigate this.

benakesh
12 - Quasar

Hi @CH217 ,

Attached wf   reads 3 sheets  and  appends  customer name and currency to all  records .

The union combines data from  3 sheets .  The status is  blank  in 3 input  sheets  and output . 

CH217
5 - Atom

Thank you so much for taking the time to investigate and provide a very helpful solution 🙂 Have a great day @benakesh 

Labels