Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Headers in multiple rows and clean up on date fields

CH217
5 - Atom

Hello

I am having difficulty establishing the correct structure on an excel file as the headers are in multiple rows and more than one headers are in one column etc.  I will show the current input:

I would like to have data highlighted in yellow turned into columns and output like so:

Capture.PNG

Basically adding Customer name and invoice currency as headers at beginning of table and concatenate the word quantity to each month.

Capture. PNG.PNG

I appreciate any guidance or even a sample file of something similar to help with a solution. I have attached the input data as tabs Customer x, y etc and desired format is tab 'Consolidated Customer Data'.

Thank you 🙂

4 REPLIES 4
benakesh
12 - Quasar

Hi @CH217 ,

Can you share  sample  data  ?   It is  easier  to provide  working  solution  than explaining  how to  .

CH217
5 - Atom

Hi @benakesh 

Thank you for your response 🙂 I have attached a the sample input file. Tabs with Customer X, Customer y etc are the inputs and tab 'Consolidated Customer Data' is the desired structure. Thank you for taking the time to investigate this.

benakesh
12 - Quasar

Hi @CH217 ,

Attached wf   reads 3 sheets  and  appends  customer name and currency to all  records .

The union combines data from  3 sheets .  The status is  blank  in 3 input  sheets  and output . 

CH217
5 - Atom

Thank you so much for taking the time to investigate and provide a very helpful solution 🙂 Have a great day @benakesh 

Labels