Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Has a different schema than the 1st file in the set and will be skipped

burtonnirmal
6 - Meteoroid

Hi All,

I tried to process multiple excel files and load into another excel file. I have same no. of columns in both the input files but when I try to load I got a message as " Input data *** has a different schema than the 1st file in the set and will be skipped".

It did not process the 2nd file.

So I tried an alternative given by haozhong "Hack for error "has a different schema than the 1st file in the set and will be skipped". It uses dynamic rename tool and select tool.

Now the two files are processed but in the output file the 2nd file header is getting appended. I tried a filter tool to remove it but it did not work.

Attaching workflow and the files I have used. Appreciate if you can help me to fix this.

Thanks,

Burton

2 REPLIES 2
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @burtonnirmal ,

You need to only add a filter and remove the headers from the middle of your dataset.

Example attached.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

burtonnirmal
6 - Meteoroid

You are correct. haozhong helped me to fix it. I did use a filter before but the data has spaces in it so it did not filter it.

Now after trimming it, works perfectly. Appreciate your reply.

Labels