Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

HTML Pass through

GavinAttard
11 - Bolide

Hi Folks

so i managed to output some data in table format into an HTML file using the report text tool, table tool and render tool. Where the result is clickable links organised in columns. 

Now i want to add bullets using the <ul> and <li> tags. 

However these seem to be conflicting with what the pcxml allows. Is there a way to force a pass through of those html tags into the render?

Cheers

Alteryx Everything, Leave no one behind.
10 REPLIES 10
PaulN
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @GavinAttard,

Would you have an example of what you are trying to build and an example of error message if any?

I have attached a really basic example but I am not sure if this is the kind of thing you are trying to build.

Kind regards,

Paul Noirel

Customer Support Engineer

GavinAttard
11 - Bolide

That's exactly what i was after.

Am i correct you literally used a <htmlpassthrough> tag?

workflow attached. I am combining field values with html and want to add bullets to the column listings. 

kr

GavinAttard
11 - Bolide

That's exactly what i was after.

Am i correct you literally used a <htmlpassthrough> tag?

workflow attached. I am combining field values with html and want to add bullets to the column listings. 

kr

PaulN
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @GavinAttard,

Interesting example, thanks for sharing!

Indeed, in my example I have used <htmlpassthrough><![CDATA[ ... ]]></htmlpassthrough> to encapsulate the list.

Kind regards,

Paul Noirel

Customer Support Engineer

GavinAttard
11 - Bolide

Hi 

Re-opening this

So i used the methodas follows: 

<htmlpassthrough><![CDATA[
<ul><li>]]></htmlpassthrough>[L1:A]<htmlpassthrough><![CDATA[</ul></li>]]></htmlpassthrough>

However the results was not quite as expected. 

How does one combine dynamic fields with html passthrough?

krCapture5.JPG

JonA
Alteryx
Alteryx

Just a heads up for other users searching "Bullet Points" in the Community...

For bullet point lists and rendering to something other than HTML, it's helpful to use two consecutive 'Report Text' tools.

• The first report text tool would contain the field/list you want to apply bullets to
  • The second report text tool would be configured with the option to 'attach text to existing field', place the new bullet left of the existing object

GavinAttard
11 - Bolide

Ahhhhh.. will give this a go

Gavin Attard
Digital Analyst

bnjmnsmith
8 - Asteroid

This is a great solution, and extremely simple. I've taken this solution a step further (and lazier) and now I'm just copying and pasting HTML between the tags and it comes out fine (except for image links, but easily fixable).

Right now I'm replicating an outlook email template, formatted in HTML, and making minor adjustments...then I'm claiming it as my own 

BWAHAHAHA!

rsh
5 - Atom
  • this is elegant
Labels