Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

HELP with Email body

KSassone
8 - Asteroid

Hi Alteryx Community,

I need some help (we are in Healthcare Supply Chain and currently slammed).

I need to send an email to all my Requesters to notify them when an item is no longer available to order, and include the recommendations for alternative item or items.

My end result needs to be one email sent to all email recipients (I will eventually add more email addresses to my INPUT .csv file).

Body of email to reflect what I have in my TEXT INPUT.  I would prefer to have a separate table inside the email body with the recommended alternative items but I haven't worked out how to do that yet.

I know I have this workflow designed incorrectly, but I know what my end-result needs to be  - but its success is evading me at the moment.

- Email body with generic text

- hopefully a table with the recommended alternative items

- remaining generic text, my signature etc

I have a Subject Line already coded.

My end result is incorrect ... as you will see from the 10 rows - I should have one email, sent to me (test), with the text, table, and my signature).

ANY help, very much appreciated !  I know this will be elementary for the majority, but I don't have the bandwidth right now to perfect it.

Thank you,

Kiri S

Attached: my .csv file

Attached: my .yxmd

2 REPLIES 2
DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I would put the email body in a report text tool as shown - you can then create you standard text and have dynamic fields in the text that places things like names, item descriptions, etc inside the body text of your email. You can also add this text object to an existing object like a table as shown below. You can now pick the fields that you want to show in the table and make it part of the body of the email.

Once you're happy with the layout, you can configure the email tool to get the body of the email from the Table object, the email address from the requester email field, subject, etc.

Have a play around and let me know if you need any more help.

DavidP_0-1585315550919.png

KSassone
8 - Asteroid

This worked like a treat @DavidP - with a few alterations I was able to make it work !

Thank you so much for helping me out - our Team appreciates you !

Labels