Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Getiing all the Outputs in 1 Excel Sheet

iamviraj13
8 - Asteroid

Hey Designers,

I know how to export output in Excel but I need help in getting all the outputs in just one excel sheet. The attached workflow has 6 summarize functions and those are the outputs I need to export in 1 sheet.

Capture.PNG

I have exported the tables manually. The example is for reference to how I want the outputs to be.

Capture.PNG

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

11 REPLIES 11
RobertOdera
13 - Pulsar

Hi, @iamviraj13 

Please mark as a Solution if this meets your needs.

It would be very helpful if you exported a packaged workbook (so that we can read your input file because it's currently pathed to your file location).

Still, meantime, consider leveraging the Visual Layout Tool + Reporting Render Tool per below.

Click on Manage Layout in the Visual Layout Tool to arrange the tables.

RNO2_1-1589156490794.png

You can configure the Render Tool as per below.

RNO2_0-1589156441119.png

Good Luck!

iamviraj13
8 - Asteroid

This step is not working for me as a solution. I have attached an input file in my original post.

iamviraj13
8 - Asteroid

Hi @RobertOdera ,

The solution you provided me did not work. is there any other way of doing it? Thanks.

RobertOdera
13 - Pulsar

Sure thing, @iamviraj13 

I will check out your edited files in your original post.

RobertOdera
13 - Pulsar

Hi, @iamviraj13 

I just looked at the source file.

The transformation is going to need a lot of customization + mapping to the excel sheet.

I will work on it tomorrow to see if I can get you started.

Cheers!

rupali_bhise
8 - Asteroid

Hey @iamviraj13 ,

You just need to use 6 output to represent your output and add filename with specific cell., for 1st table example you need to add "filename|||Sheetname$A2:C7".

Hopefully it will help you.

RobertOdera
13 - Pulsar

Hi, @iamviraj13 

Here you go!

Please mark as a solution + like.

Please click on the tools to see the custom configurations.

You can also do more custom work to rows, borders, etc., in the Basic Tables.

Custom rules to columns and rows can also be applied.

I only took enough of your data to create a 'shell' for you (to show you how to accomplish your end desire)

You will have to do the actual data prep (if any) that would come before the summation tool 🙂

Workflow

RNO2_0-1591748379991.png

Excel Output

RNO2_1-1591748420323.png

The workflow is attached.

Cheers!

iamviraj13
8 - Asteroid

@rupali_bhise Thanks for the idea, but how can I get all at once? Like I just click on run and I have all 6 in one tab at once.

iamviraj13
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @RobertOdera , this worked. But one last question, if I have to add a new sheet to the same file for exporting new results, how could that be done?

Labels