Alteryx Designer

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Frind and Replace Records not Found

Highlighted
7 - Meteor

I am trying to use the find and replace tool to take a certain field from one set that matches up to a record number shared between the two. Although, it says that there were 2 records not found. Is there any way to find out which records were not found so I can troubleshoot?

Highlighted
Alteryx Certified Partner

Hi @ctpiccone,

If you have a "shared" field between the two tables could you not use the Join tool? Any records falling out of either the left or right output anchors are those records that didn't join from the respective tables?

If this solves your issue please mark the answer as correct, if not let me know!

Regards,

Jonathan

Highlighted

Hello @ctpiccone 

I guess you are using the Replace option. What if you use the option Append Field to record , in case is null you can filter the ones that weren't found.

Regards

Highlighted
Alteryx
Alteryx

It might be easier to use a JOIN tool in this case so you can see the fall out. You can join both inputs by the Record Number and the corresponding field in the second dataset. 

From there, you can identify what needs to be adjusted in your reference table. I often find it's easier to identify unmatched records using a join tool and then adjust.

Labels