Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Formula to Match Positive Number to Negative Number

BrandonS4
8 - Asteroid

Is there a simple formula to match positive numbers to negative numbers?  I need to match them so I can clear them from my AR balances.

7 REPLIES 7
smoskowitz
12 - Quasar

Hi @BrandonS4 --

You could try matching the absolute values (ABS) of the numbers, I would imagine that would do the trick.

Seth

BrandonS4
8 - Asteroid

How would that look in a workflow?

smoskowitz
12 - Quasar

@BrandonS4 

See if the attached makes sense.

Thanks,

Seth

BrandonS4
8 - Asteroid

My numbers are all in one column so I will have to tweak the workflow a bit.

smoskowitz
12 - Quasar

Ok, let me know how it goes. Also, depending on your data, you might be able to do the same thing with a multi-row formula tool. The same concept, but it looks up and down rows.

Seth

jarrod
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi @BrandonS4 ,

As a leader in the Alteryx Community, I have the ability to identify & mark accepted solutions on behalf of community members - and recently did so on this thread. If you have any questions or concerns with the solution(s) I selected please let me know by replying to this post.

As the original author, you also have the ability to mark replies as solutions! Going forward, I’d encourage you to identify the solution or solutions that helped you solve your problem, as it's a big help to other community members. Learn more about Accepted Solutions here.

Thank you!

smoskowitz
12 - Quasar

@jarrod -

Thank you!

Seth

Labels