Alteryx Designer

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Formula and Sort Tool not recognizing Field

Highlighted
5 - Atom

Hello,

I am having a bit of a weird issue. If I select the outgoing arrow from any tool I can see the record "Employee Last Name and its values." (See first screenshot below). However, if I place a formula or Sort tool Immediately after the tool the new tool errors out. See formula and Sort examples below. I have tried placing this throughout the flow at different places. It seems that even immediately after inputting the original data this error occurs. You are also provided the option to choose this field in both the formula tool and sort tool. If you can provide any insight it would be greatly appreciated. If you need additional information please let me know.

Thanks,

Aaron

AaronSteeves_1-1575058545161.png

Formula Tool

AaronSteeves_2-1575058872656.png

Sort Tool

AaronSteeves_3-1575058917944.png

Highlighted
Alteryx Certified Partner
Alteryx Certified Partner

Hi @AaronSteeves,

Can you attach the workflow?

Regards,

Jonathan

Highlighted
12 - Quasar

Hi @AaronSteeves ,

The column/field names have spaces  at beginning i.e   "           Employee Last Name"    .

After  input tool  you can add select tool  and remove  spaces  at beginning    or use dynamic rename tool  to trim all names .

Let us know if this helps  or share  wf with sample data . 

benakesh_0-1575068930592.png

Highlighted
5 - Atom

Hey guys,

It seems the issue was related to the actual excel data I was pulling from. Saving the data as CSV corrected the issue. 

Aaron

Labels