Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Formula In-DB Tool

Adam_Dooley
8 - Asteroid

I'm using a Formula In-DB tool to create a field.  I have the Type set to FixedDecimal but when the workflow runs the metadata shows this new field with size 36.0, so my values are coming out rounded to the nearest integer. 

I need the values to have at least 2 decimal places, so how can I adjust this to output the field as Size of 36.2 or 36.7?  Is there a CAST command I need to add to the formula?

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
jrgo
14 - Magnetar

@Adam_Dooley,

If the output is not coming out as you'd expect, yes, I'd suggest wrapping your current expression in a CAST/CONVERT function. You didn't specify what type of DB you're connecting to so you'll need to determine the correct function/syntax and the data type (and length if applicable) as required by your DB to perform this operation.

Hope this helps!

Jimmy

Adam_Dooley
8 - Asteroid

Thank you jrgo!  It is an SAP HANA connection so it worked to use cast(...... as double).  Easier solution than I thought.

Thanks

Labels