Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Formatting Error caused by Union tool?

Pollution
6 - Meteoroid

I am currently encountering an issue when I am trying to push an array of images through a table tool. The errors shown for the tool are:

Table (46) The PCXML snippet passed to this Reporting Text tool is malformed.
Layout (44) An unknown error occurred in II_PushRecord.

I noticed that instead of identifying the Image cells like normal : "Image - View Browse Tool Report Tab"

After I union the images from all of the different download attempts the cell shows: "(Multiple Sources) - View Browse Tool Report Tab" 

When I push only one of the data paths through, without using the union, I encounter no errors whatsoever. My assumption is that the Union tool is causing the issue (maybe truncating the strings?) and I was wondering if there is a way to get around this. If any one has any guidance it would be much appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

@Pollution

It depends how you have the Union configured.

Is it just default?

If so, check your field names and types.  This is usually due to an incoming field from each with the same name but different type.  You’ll want to make sure they contain the same type of data.  If you have a lot of fields coming in you can change it to a manual configuration and the tool will show you how they align.

Pollution
6 - Meteoroid

That solution worked great. Thank you very much!

Labels