Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Forest Model Error: Error in randomForest.default)m,y...):

dshaw
8 - Asteroid

I am getting the following Error(s):

Error: Forest Model In-DB (81): Forest Model: Error in randomForest.default(m, y, ...) :

Error: Forest Model In-DB (81): Forest Model: Execution halted

Error: Forest Model In-DB (81): Forest Model: The R.exe exit code (1) indicated an error.

When I run a Decision Tree Model I do not receive any such errors.

I greatly appreciate your insight and feedback.

4 REPLIES 4
Aguisande
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @dshaw 

It's hard to answer your question, without seeing the data and the tool configuration, since they're pass-through errors (R is the one raising them).

Usually, this errors are caused by inconsistent data (nulls or data types) and some times with field names.

Can you check this?

dshaw
8 - Asteroid

Yes, thank you!  This is what I was kind of thinking as well so thanks for leading back down to this path.  I made some changes to the data set, cleaned up the names, and checked for issues with nulls, etc.  Once I was able to make some changes the Forest Model was able to run.  I just found it odd that the other models I was using Regression and Decision Tree were working.

Aguisande
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Just to complete a little more on this issue, there are some models that are "more tolerant" to some defects in the data. That's why it appears to be confusing.

But as a best practice, always check field names and inconsistencies within your data.

This will save you hours of troubleshooting.

chris_rowntree
5 - Atom

I have also noticed that (at least on my machine) if there are too many unique values in a particular field the model also fails.

It's possible this can be controlled with other configuration parameters within the tool, but for me a simple solution was to exclude fields that had too many unique values

Labels