Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Find and Replace tool help

credlinr
6 - Meteoroid

I have a set of history for the past 36 months, one set is the actual history and the other set is the adjusted history. 

Not every record exists if he history has not been adjusted. 

Essentially i want to use the adjusted history table data if a record exists in there, otherwise want to use the history table. 

All records will exist in the History table.

Just want to join the Adjusted history table and the History table to one table using the adjusted history values where they exist and using the history values where no records exist.

3 REPLIES 3
RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @credlinr ,

I think, you could use a Join tool. If I got you right, you need to rows from History with no matching row in Adj. History, and all rows from Adj.History. So what about union the unmatched row from the Join (i.e. all rows not having adjusted values) and the Adj.History rows.

Let me know if it works for you.

Best,

Roland

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hard to say without seeing the data. To package the data you need to go Options > Export Workflow. Then you can post that yxzp on here. 

But one option might be to Union the data so that Adjusted History is on top of History. And then do a Unique on, say, Skul_No.

credlinr
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks @RolandSchubert , worked nicely for me

Labels