Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Find and Replace - Append Field Not working

Vwest
6 - Meteoroid

I'm trying to use the Find and Replace tool to function as a Vlookup. I would like to append a column to return the template category. The commonality i'm using is the Partner account. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong in my workflow but it doesn't seem to be working. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

8 REPLIES 8
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Vwest ,

Your configuration is correct. Would you be able to share a small sample of both datasets for me to check it out?

One thing you can already do is to check the case insensitive check box so you won't have problems related to that.

fmvizcaino_0-1592592337393.png

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

Vwest
6 - Meteoroid

I've attached a sample of the datasets I'm using. The Partner TB tab is the F and the Reference tab is the R

jeff_reynolds
10 - Fireball

Hi. I downloaded the sample data and workflow, and this is the output that I see when I run the workflow. Is this not what you're seeing / expecting?

findreplace.png

Sntrada
11 - Bolide

Hello @Vwest,

I also ran the workflow, and it looks fine with the template category present. Were you trying to achieve a different result? If this is what you wanted, just be sure to click on the output anchor of the find and replace tool, or add a browse tool to view the results. 

If you are experiencing issues with other parts of your reference data, maybe provide us with the full data set and we can assist further. 

Sntrada_0-1592604443998.png

RobertOdera
13 - Pulsar

Hi, @Vwest 

Looks like your Reference file has some misleading column names (the first two columns in that sheet are likely no-go, IMHO).

Try this.

I stepped through the prep/ cleanse/ tweaks for you.

I also validated using two different approaches.

Please mark as a solution + like, if this works for you.

RobertOdera_0-1592618402494.png

The packaged workflow is attached.

Cheers!

Vwest
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you everyone for the replies. When I was running the workflow on Friday it kept returning all Null values for the Template Category, but when I ran it this morning it seemed to work fine. Not sure what I did differently, but its working now.

Vwest
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you for the reply. When I was running the workflow on Friday it kept returning all Null values for the Template Category, but when I ran it this morning it seemed to work fine. Not sure what I did differently, but its working now.

RobertOdera
13 - Pulsar

No worries, @Vwest 

You're most welcome!

Cheers.

Labels