Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Filtering Data

stewartlewis
5 - Atom

Hello,

New to Alteryx here. 

I am trying to filter out by State. In my particular case, i am trying to separate 5 Mexican states from the rest of the states.

Jalisco, Tamaulipas, Ciudad de Mexico, Estado de Mexico, and San Luis Potosi

I have tried basic filters and custom filters. The basic filter with commas did nothing and the custom filters keep giving me errors.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
kelsey_kincaid
12 - Quasar

[State]='Jalisco' OR [State]='Tamaulipas' OR [State]='Ciudad de Mexico' OR [State]='Estado de Mexico' OR [State]='San Luis Potosi'

Hi @stewartlewis , would the above condition in a filter tool get you what you're looking for?

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Perhaps you can use a custom filter statement such as

[state] IN ("Jalisco", "Tamaulipas", "Ciudad de Mexico", "Estado de Mexico", "San Luis Potosi")

also check in some of your states have leading or trailing white space

AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @stewartlewis, setup your custom filter logic using something like the following string:

[STATE] IN ('Jalisco', 'Tamaulipas', 'Ciudad de Mexico', 'Estado de Mexico', 'San Luis Potosi')

Let us know if you still get an error.

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @stewartlewis ,

you can use also the custom filter as below.

State in ('Jalisco', 'Tamaulipas', 'Ciudad de Mexico', 'Estado de Mexico', 'San Luis Potosi')

Best,

Fernando V.

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @stewartlewis ,

Use a filter tool and use the following formula (Letters for simplicity):

[State] IN ("A","B","C")

mceleavey_0-1586362806887.png

The "T" or "True" output will have the states you want, the others will be in the "F" or "False" output.

M.

Bulien

stewartlewis
5 - Atom

It looks like that is going to work. I was forgetting the apostrophes (not sure if there is another term used). I will run it with that formula and see what I get back. Thank you so much for the quick reply.

Labels