Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Filter using a data from a workbook file (i.e. csv, xlsx, etc)

mariaen
6 - Meteoroid

Im trying to do a filter of a spreadsheet so that the only the records that survive are the unique Document numbers i came up with from a separate workflow in the same yxmd file. What I was thinking of doing was create an output xlsx or csv file of all the unique Document number (A), then from there, i was wandering if there was a way I can filter (B) the October 2019 results file with the (A).

FilterUsingSpreadsheet.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
aashilsoni
5 - Atom

After you filter the population you need using B dataset, inner join it with dataset A (using "J" anchor"). This should give you the unique doc # from B dataset. Hopefully I understood your question correctly.

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @mariaen ,

It looks like you don't need to create an output in order to filter your document numbers in 'B'.

But if, for some reason, you need to create that file and you were wondering how to get that done, I attached an example showing how you can coordinate to create a file and then read the same file after the file's creation.

For that, I used the 'block until done' tool + 'dynamic input' tool to be able to serialize the process i.e. creation and then read.

If this answer your question, please mark the answer as correct, if not, let me know how I can help you further.

Best,

Fernando V.

Labels