Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Filter on Dynamic Pivot - Transpose

ISUGraber
8 - Asteroid

Hello Everyone,

I'm not entirely sure how to dot his so I thought i'd post it here.  I have a workflow that generates a list of users and their timecards and checks to make sure they enter enough hours in the week for their timecard.  If they do I place an "X" in the week and name, if not I put the hours they've entered (or 0 if none).

The data spits out looking like this

Name Week 1 Week 2 Week 3 ...

Name                3/2/19              3/9/19                 3/16/19
Billy X X 20 Joe 10 X 10 Jane X X X

Is there a way to filter it so Jane falls off the final list?  If I do a filter prior to creating the transpose I lose the X's that Billy and Joe have.  The week names change, they are whatever week end date is occuring when this runs.

4 REPLIES 4
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @ISUGraber 

Before your crosstab, put in a filter that returns any record that is not "X".  Get the unique users from this list and join it to your pre-transposed data.  That will filter out Jane and pass all the other records through

Edit:  Here's what it looks like

WF.png

Dan

RobertOdera
13 - Pulsar

Hi There!

Try the attached treatment; hope it helps.

ISUGraber
8 - Asteroid

Thank you both for replying!  Both of your solutions were great!

RobertOdera
13 - Pulsar

You are most welcome!

Labels