Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Filter for string values that are UPPER CASE

Cimmel
7 - Meteor

I am looking for a way to filter for values that are UPPER CASE.  The goal is to identify and record where we imported the name of a county in UPPER CASE, vs. Proper Case.  An example is BUTLER vs Butler.  As I need to apply this to 2+ million records and there are 3,000+ counties, identifying each instance is not an option.  While I could cleanse the data, I want to only write in the records that need to be updated and not all records (via SQL script), so the challenge to identify the 'cleansed' records or filter for all UPPER CASE.  Thank you in advance for your help.

2 REPLIES 2
NicoleJohnson
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi!

Try this formula in your filter tool:

REGEX_Match([Field1], Uppercase([Field1]),0)

Normally, most of the formulas default to case insensitive, I believe, but by using the REGEX formula, you can use that 3rd parameter in the formula to make it case sensitive, so your results should split up correctly by whether or not [Field1] is all uppercase. Hope that helps!

NJ

Cimmel
7 - Meteor

Thank you!  This worked perfectly.  

Labels