Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Filter Based on User Count

m1ngle74
7 - Meteor

Hi All!

I'm trying to filter records based on those with more than 4 user entries. So, in the following table, I would keep user name = 2, because they have more than 4 entries, where I would want to remove user name 1 because they only have 3 entries

User NameratingChallenge
11Conversation Starter
11Reply to a question
12Reply to discussion
21Create blog post
22Docu-mentor
22Download an Uploaded File
21Followed
22Leader of the Pack
21Liked
23Posse
21Post a comment
21Post a question
218Read a blog post
21Tagging
21Thumbs Up
21Vote on an idea

I have tried the summarize tool, and then filter, but I can't quite figure it out. I'm also attaching the csv if anyone wants to look

4 REPLIES 4
jasperlch
12 - Quasar

Hi @m1ngle74

I think you method is pretty close to what you want to achieve. All you need to do it to join the result back to the original dataset. 

Capture.PNG

m1ngle74
7 - Meteor

Awesome! Thanks, Jasperich

atamertarslan
8 - Asteroid

Dear all,

how can I filter out the rows based on a specific number of counts of multiple columns at once?

In the use case above we use only one column to base our condition on and I need to do something similar for multiple columns at the same time.

Best,

Atamert

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Basically, you can use the method @jasperlch used for one column, but slightly extended. You will need one Summarize tool for each column you want to use as a criterion, join data and all totals use Join Multiple and connect a filter to the output of the join tool.

Does that solve your problem?

17-09-_2019_13-51-04.png

Labels