Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

File format conversion

TandelGouravi
7 - Meteor
Hi,
How to convert the file format from one way to another (eg. .csv to .xls) in the beginning of the workflow and use it in the same flow(.xls)
for further transformation?

Thanks in advance

-Gouravi
5 REPLIES 5
LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Hey @TandelGouravi 

To convert the file format, all you need to do is input as one file type (i.e. csv) and output as another (i.e. xlsx)

There are few limitations to how you can import and export data

ismailhab
7 - Meteor

Hi,

May be this solution can help with this tool, its working step by step.

Ismail,

carlosteixeira
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @TandelGouravi 

I do not know if I understand exactly what you want, this workflow is working. It transforms the CSV into an XLSX and uses it in the same workflow.
I do not know how much data your workflow has.
Let me know if it does not work for you.

Carlos A Teixeira
estherb47
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @TandelGouravi 

First, I'd ask why do you need the file to be in .xls format for using in Alteryx? You can, at any point in your workflow, save the data out to an excel file with an Output Data tool.

Assuming that the data is streaming in properly from the csv, you can continue to process it with Alteryx without saving and re-importing. Select tools and autofield are helpful with changing the data type from string, and just keep on going from there.

Let me know if this helps/if you have more questions.

Cheers!

Esther

adarsh2707
8 - Asteroid

Hi 

I have a question. Can I convert a .tde file to a xlsx file.

I wish to convert the .tde file created by the alteryx server usage report to an excel file

Labels