Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

File Format does not match Translated Type

Hydra
7 - Meteor

Have searched the web and these forums but can't seem to find any information on this warning.

When I run a workflow on my desktop it completes without any problems. When I schedule it on the server and view the results it shows me 7-8 lines with two of them being warnings - "File Format does not meet translated type". The workflow gives a red circle and says nothing was output. I have confirmed that all locations the workflow is reading from the server has access to.

How do I determine what is causing the issue? Has anyone recieved this before?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
SophiaF
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Hydra,

Could you let me know what tool(s) are giving you an error? That will be helpful to start troubleshooting.

Cheers,

Sophia Fraticelli
Senior Solutions Architect
Alteryx, Inc.
Hydra
7 - Meteor

Hi Sophia,

It seems to be caused from an input data tool from an oracle data source. Connecting to the exact same location on my desktop does not produce the warning. In addition when this warning occurs it will only process the next 7 messages and when you view the results of the workflow it states 0 messages was created. The test workflow image attached was generated by simply taking the input tool and immediately having it output to a csv file. As you can see the results do not look correct.

Thanks,

Andrew

SophiaF
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for that - I would check the drivers on the server to make sure that they are the same as on your local machine and reinstall if need be. Feel free to PM me if you are still running into issues and we can work further.

Cheers,

Sophia Fraticelli
Senior Solutions Architect
Alteryx, Inc.
steven4320555
8 - Asteroid

Hi Sophia

I have tried out that the error message "File Format does not match Translated Type" can be caused by outputing data as a different file format (can be changed from the output tool setup). The behaviour on setting up a temporary connection is different from the saved data connection. 

Using a temporary connection, set up inside an output tool step by step (from the output tool setup, FileFormat-> Other databse -> OleDB -> SQL Server Native Client 11.0 and select connection and default database), if the output changed from OLeDB Database(odb:) to OLeDB Spatial Database(sdb:), there won't be error message. And there will be error when outputing data to ODBC, and no data will be written. 

Using a saved data connection OLeDB Database(odb:), (through advanced option->Manage Data Connection): if during data output, the database is changed from OleDB(odb:) to either OLeDB Spatial Database(sdb:) or  OLeDB Database(odb:), there will be output. But will have a warning saying "File Format does not match Translated Type".  The change of spaital database will be necessary for usering case like:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Advanced-Analytics/Spatial-mis-communication-w-SQL-Server-Image-Blo...

Is it possible to get some hints on best practice on outputing data to a spatial supported database?

@SophiaF  @HenrietteH

Many thanks

Steven

Labels