Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Few questions from a beginner

urezwan
8 - Asteroid

I do have some questions. Will appreciate if you could answer. 

1. Can you recommend a good and detailed book on Designer?

2. What are the common firms/employers that use Alteryx?

3. Around how many developers/users are there currently in USA and worldwide?

If these last two questions are two generalized, do you know any resources which discuss these big-picture topics?

4 REPLIES 4
jeff_reynolds
10 - Fireball

Not sure about number one, but this board has a slew of helpful people and programs to help teach the tool. I have seen books on Amazon, but everything I have ever got stuck on I ended up finding the answers here.

As for question two, there are a couple of different ways to find out the types of companies using Alteryx. First, I would look at job listings and search for Alteryx. That can give you a range of companies that may be looking for folks that know how to use it. Next, look at some of the 'Use Cases' on this board. There a bunch of studies documenting how companies use Alteryx to solve various problems.

Finally, according to the Q1 2020 Financial Results, Alteryx has 6400+ customers. Not sure how many developers that equates to, but you could probably come up with a rough estimate based on pricing and revenue on their results page.

https://investor.alteryx.com/news-and-events/press-releases/press-release-details/2020/Alteryx-Annou...

rupali_bhise
8 - Asteroid

Hey @urezwan , 

You can refer Alteryx community's interactive lessons for point 1, rest of all quite broader group things, I can say, we can use Alteryx in any firm where data manipulation, data integration, analysis involved.

Thanks

urezwan
8 - Asteroid

Thanks

GeneRinas
Alteryx
Alteryx

Renato Baruli's book available on Amazon if pretty good of you like the forat of a book, great for geting started.  However the content on the Academy here on the community will cover the same material along with google searches.  Al depends on the format you are comfortable with. 

Learning Alteryx: A beginner's guide to using Alteryx for self-service analytics and business intell...

Labels