Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Excluded group by

ahmedalra
7 - Meteor

I have data of sales in multiple cities. I need to see the effects on the mean and stdev of sales if you exclude each city. Attached a sample workflow that filters out each city and then finds the mean and stdev. In the example there are only three cities. In the actual data, the number of cities is large and is not fixed. In the example, there is also a macro that does the same thing to make it dynamic. Is there any way to make it dynamic without building a macro that filters out each city then calculate the mean and stdev? I don't want to use a macro for performance concerns since I have a large number of cities and I don't want the workflow to do cities one by one. I thought if there is a way where you can group by city, and then do the mean and stdev, not for each city, but for all cities except each, if that makes sense.

3 REPLIES 3
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

You can definitely do this without a macro, but the computational complexity will probably still exist and therefor I don't think the result would be much faster, but here is how you could do it (example attached).

Ben

ahmedalra
7 - Meteor

@BenMoss  thanks for the solution

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi @ahmedalra , if this resolves your issue can you please mark this post as an accepted solution, not only will that help me catch @jdunkerley79 but it will also help priortize this search result should others have a similar issue in the future.

Ben

Labels