Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error "The Target stream not properly initialized"

matej-puchovsky
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I've developed a workflow that is run as an Analytic App by other users in our company via Alteryx Designer.

Some users reported seeing the following error when trying to run the app:

matej-puchovsky_0-1591800239490.png

For others, it seems to work just fine.

I've browsed through older community threads but could not find the right solution for my problem.

Would someone be able to help out?

Thanks,

Mat

3 REPLIES 3
Blake
12 - Quasar

Hi @matej-puchovsky - I think that you are receiving that error because there is not valid data reaching the Target input of your append fields tool. You may want to test the data with some of the users having issues in debug mode to see if this is the case. 

Here is information on debug mode. 

Thanks, let me know if this helps! 

MichaelLaRose
10 - Fireball

Hi Mat,

"not properly initialized"  means that there is no data coming from the tool prior. It is important to make the distinction between no data, and no records here because no records would be fine because there is a data structure while no data means that there are neither rows nor columns.

Without seeing the App and what setting the users were setting my best guess is that you update the data stream with selections that the user makes, but the tool immediately before the Target "T" input for the Append Fields tool is returning no data based on the user's input.

If you can send the App I would be happy to take a look, if not, try leaving selections blank and see if you replicate the error.

Best,

Michael

matej-puchovsky
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Blake,

Thanks, you were right -- we tested the workflow with one of the users and found that they did not have access to one of the folders needed to execute a Python script, which came just before the Append fields tool, thus, there was no data flowing into the Target input.

Labels