Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error in ODBC connection in Gallery

dineshp
8 - Asteroid

I created a DSN on my local machine using Control Panel > ODBC > SQL Server and a similar DSN is created in the Alteryx server.

If i schedule workflow in gallery using Process ID or Server ID the workflow completes successfully. But, when i schedule it using my personal login i get "Login Failed for User" whilst scheduling. The same error for my colleague credentials as well. I have the same access to SQL Server DB as the Process ID. Please advise.

3 REPLIES 3
jamielaird
14 - Magnetar

Hi @dineshp 

You might want to check (or ask your administrator to check) the Server Run As settings:

https://help.alteryx.com/server/current/admin/Configuration/RunasPermissions.htm?TocPath=Configure%7...

If Alteryx Server has been configured to run as a particular user which does not have the same permissions as you to the relevant resource then that could be the cause of the issue.

-----
If I've solved your problem please consider marking this solution as accepted. Thank you!

dineshp
8 - Asteroid

Hi, i have reached out to the admin team to get more information on 'Run As'. As far as permission, there is no difference. I and everyone in team have the same permission level as the process id.

dineshp
8 - Asteroid

The issue was with Server Server Login vs User Access.

Labels