Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error in ODBC connection in Gallery

dineshp
8 - Asteroid

I created a DSN on my local machine using Control Panel > ODBC > SQL Server and a similar DSN is created in the Alteryx server.

If i schedule workflow in gallery using Process ID or Server ID the workflow completes successfully. But, when i schedule it using my personal login i get "Login Failed for User" whilst scheduling. The same error for my colleague credentials as well. I have the same access to SQL Server DB as the Process ID. Please advise.

3 REPLIES 3
jamielaird
14 - Magnetar

Hi @dineshp 

You might want to check (or ask your administrator to check) the Server Run As settings:

https://help.alteryx.com/server/current/admin/Configuration/RunasPermissions.htm?TocPath=Configure%7...

If Alteryx Server has been configured to run as a particular user which does not have the same permissions as you to the relevant resource then that could be the cause of the issue.

-----
If I've solved your problem please consider marking this solution as accepted. Thank you!

dineshp
8 - Asteroid

Hi, i have reached out to the admin team to get more information on 'Run As'. As far as permission, there is no difference. I and everyone in team have the same permission level as the process id.

dineshp
8 - Asteroid

The issue was with Server Server Login vs User Access.

Labels