Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error: R (3): There was an error in WriteYXDBStreaming

alphasupport
7 - Meteor

Dears, 

I have recently upgraded to Alteryx 2018.2 and I see lot of errors which using R tool and any other Predictive Tools. 

Recently I am facing issue using R tool node. I have to push data frame from R tool to Tableau server or to excel file but I am getting following error : Error: R (3): There was an error in WriteYXDBStreaming

Kindly assist. 

Thank you in advance. 

2 REPLIES 2
JessicaS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @alphasupport,

I've seen this error in relation to field names or invalid field types.  Can you post a sample or mock up of your data and workflow for us to review?

Thanks,

Jess Silveri
Manager, Technical Account Management | Alteryx
kmoreno
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, I'm also having the same problem.

I follow the same syntax in a different work flow and didn't have any problems.

Here is a dummy example of the code I'm submitting:

LO <- read_excel("path", col_names = TRUE)
colnames(LO) <- gsub(" ","_", colnames(LO))

V1 <- LO[is.na(LO$`DBT`) & is.na(LO$`DBUL`) & !is.na(LO$`EDUL`) & is.na(LO$`EDT`) & (LO$`LDTSO`=="BAT") & (LOA$`DATO`=="BAT"),]

write.Alteryx(V1, 1)

V2 <- LO[is.na(LO$`D2T`) & is.na(LO$`D2UL`) & !is.na(LO$`E2UL`) & is.na(LO$`E2T`) & (LO$`L2TSO`=="BAT") & (LO$`D2TO`=="BAT"),]

write.Alteryx(V2, 2)

The error message says "There was an error in WriteYXDBStreaming". The code works in the R environment so I wasn't sure if there's an issue with the tool or if I'm missing something that I need to add.

Labels