Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error: Not a valid FixedDecimal, must be in the form: -nnn.nn

Phyllis
7 - Meteor

Hi, just started using Alteryx and for some reason I'm getting the error below and it seems to only happen with numbers with thousands (?) The rest of the numbers seem to be fine.

error.png

It looks like there's a space after the 2nd decimal, but not sure if that's the case. I have a "data cleanse" bubble before the error so I'm not sure why that might be happening.

This is what it looks like:

settings.png

I tested other types and tried other sizes but it seemed to keep happening.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Phyllis,

The expression below will fix the issue for you.  It will cleanup the field:

RegEx_Replace([Spend],"[^0-9.]",'')

Anything not in the set of {0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,.} or {0 to 9 and a decimal} will be dropped.

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
sporter
5 - Atom

Hi, I used the above solution to clean up some numbers from a data set I was importing. However, my data includes many negative numbers and this solution converted all negative numbers to positives. Is there a similar way I might be able to use this formula but still maintain my negative numbers?

Thanks!

Labels