Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error: InboundNamedPipe GetOverlappedResult when using the download tool to get URL status

txjohnnypops79
8 - Asteroid

Hello Team:

I am trying to check quite a few URLs with the download tool and it works sporadically but more so not.

There is no rhyme or reason, I just have to press run multiple times then it goes and reads about 20,000 records or sometimes it reads 30 records but most of the time I get the error: 

Error: Designer x64: The Designer x64 reported: InboundNamedPipe GetOverlappedResult: The pipe has been ended.

Is there a way to fix this or have the download tool continue on errors? these are all public urls for images.

I see in Fiddler when I press run that it starts with:

https://whitelist.alteryx.com/v1/telemetry/v0/api/apps/sendusagereport/

then it starts reading a few URLs and stops... and error and nothing on my browse tool.

Workflow attached.

Any help from my friendly Experts would be greatly appreciated!

FYI, Alteryx Rules!!

7 REPLIES 7
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @txjohnnypops79 ,

I use this tool regularly and I have never seem this error before in the download tool, I've seem in other tools and the solutions where different to each case.

I'm testing here and I'm also getting the same error. 

I suggest you open a case in support@alteryx.com to see if it is a bug, maybe they can help debug it.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

txjohnnypops79
8 - Asteroid

Right on, thank you, submitted!!

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @txjohnnypops79 ,

If possible, please share the solution here if you find any. I'm curious about it.

Thank you,

Fernando Vizcaino

txjohnnypops79
8 - Asteroid

will do! @fmvizcaino 

txjohnnypops79
8 - Asteroid

@fmvizcaino 

Hi Johnny,

The error "InboundNamedPipe GetOverlappedResult: The pipe has been ended." generally mean that the engine crashed.  I reviewed the logs and confirmed that the engine crashed. See Event - Application Error:

Logged: 4/24/2020 2:38:16 PM
Task Category: Application Crashing Events
Event ID: 1000
Computer: JfonsecaLT02

Faulting application name: AlteryxEngineCmd.exe, version: 2020.1.2.24185, time stamp: 0x5e697b01
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.18362.778, time stamp: 0x0c1bb301
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x00000000000f9229
Faulting process id: 0x12b0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d61a6fe441101f
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\AlteryxEngineCmd.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: ee3e90a5-4ccd-4ccc-aafe-68062884b696
Faulting package full name:

Could you please try a fresh uninstall following the instructions in the link below: 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Complete-Uninstall-of-Alteryx-Desig...

Then reinstall Alteryx (https://help.alteryx.com/licensing/current/Download/DownloadProduct.htm).

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @txjohnnypops79 ,

Where you able to complete uninstall and test it?

Doesn't seem like the solution for me as I was having the same error as you.

Or maybe I need to do the same thing as well haha

Thanks a lot for posting it!

Fernando Vizcaino

txjohnnypops79
8 - Asteroid

Hey @

Oddly enough yeah and strange because everything else worked great.

but after uninstalling and deleting the recommended folders/registry keys and reinstalling, it worked like a charm!!

Labels